The International Plaza
International Plaza was completed 1957, formerly known as Warren Petroleum Executive Headquarters.
Designed by architect Bruce Graham of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, the original facility consisted of a 12-story office tower and a two-story cafeteria linked by a stone terrace. When it was constructed, the building was located a mile from the city center in a rapidly developing business district.
Due to its location of being a distance away from the center of downtown, amenities for employees such as kitchen services, dining room, and a terrace decorated with large granite planters was provided for employees to relax. In the years following its construction, other buildings emerged around the tower, integrating it into the downtown cityscape.
The design combines travertine, marble, and granite with a mixture of aluminum and glass to complete the International style structure.